What is Doctella?
Doctella is a mobile application that enables patients to prepare for, learn about, and engage in their healthcare by linking information and customized checklists with mobile alerts. We have used the platform to create the Nocturia Electronic Pathway app to help better enhance your care, treatment of symptoms, and interaction with your physician. Ultimately, it is up to you to get the most out of the pathway. You should respond to your frequent alerts and should log in to the application at least twice a week.
How do I use the app?
- Following your office visit, you will receive a registration link delivered via text or email.
- Click on the link and create an account.
- Once you log on using your phone you can download the app from the link below. You can use both the mobile app and your computer.
- You can also get the app by going to the app store on your smartphone and type in “Doctella” in the search window. The icon looks like this:
- Once you are using the app it will give you instructions and provide educational material.
- You can stop at any point, resume by opening the smartphone app (open the app by pressing the Doctella icon) or logging into www.doctella.com from your computer (login is located in the upper right-hand corner of the website). If you use your desktop and have been invited by your cell phone number, you will need to enter the cell number (not email) when you log in.
- Remember to check in 2x a week for updates! This helps you get the most out of the app.
How do the app and Nocturia pathway work?
- You will leave the office with some educational materials.
- An appointment is made for follow-up in 4 weeks.
- The app helps to walk you through the different treatment phases of Nocturia.
- Education and Addressing Medical Issues – The pathway begins with FAQ’s and my answers to them. You may need to see your primary care provider to maximize treatment of conditions that cause nocturia such as obstructive sleep apnea, diabetes, and congestive heart failure.
- Behavioral Modification – These alerts will guide you through dietary adjustments, pelvic floor exercises, and lifestyle modification. If you still need improvement, you will keep your 4-week appointment to consider a nocturia specific medication. Please fill out 24-hour voiding diary to determine your daytime and nighttime urine production. Download “Nocturia Voiding Diary”
- Combination Therapy– You may need treatment of your other urinary conditions such as overactive bladder or for men benign prostatic hypertrophy. You may also consider trying a nocturia specific medication.
Patient Information security and privacy are important to us. If you have any technical issues, please call: (855) 285-0888
For all other issues, our navigator’s phone number is 541-284-5263 and her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to helping you improve your symptoms!
The app was created to ensure that you get rapid, sustained improvement in your symptoms. It uses technology to provide you with enriched education on BPH and how you can get better. Your job is to get invested in your care. The more time you put into the app the more you will benefit. We will be following you closely as we want you to improve your symptoms. If you don’t respond to the alerts from the app then our navigator will call to check up.
You don’t need to find that text or email. Once you have created an account you can either hit the Doctella icon and open the app to get updated or you can go to www.doctella.com and log in through the link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Your phone number may be your username. If you received a text inviting you to join the pathway then you must enter your smartphone number into the login section.
Your medical information is very sensitive. Any healthcare advice or information about your care must be password protected with security similar to that in banking. More complex passwords are safer but can be forgotten. The security questions help to get you back on track quickly and securely.
The app will ask you how you are doing on a regular basis. This provides the opportunity to ask questions. Sometimes is easiest to communicate through email. This needs to be encrypted to protect your healthcare information. We suggest that you create the same username and password for this email as you do for the Doctella app so that it is easier to remember.